|This role is an integral member of the Marketing team that assists with the strategic development and execution of various online Sales & Marketing programs. The position’s primary focus is assisting with the evolution of the company’s digital brand strategy that involves core web development, content integration, and e-campaign execution. The Web Developer will collaborate with the Marketing team in designing, developing, and implementing the online initiatives for the MedTech Group and its related business units. The Web Developer must possess strong organizational & analytical skills with an eye for detail; must be a team player that can work autonomously recognizing resources and meeting deadlines; strong communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate an idea is essential.As part of the core Marketing group, the Web Developer is a cross-functional role which requires the ideal candidate to be highly adept at multi-tasking,re-prioritizing projects and successfully interfacing with non-technical team members from other departments.Core competencies of the role include:
- Expertise in HTML5/CSS3; apable of quickly creating lightweight (table-less), intuitive, search engine optimized HTML and CSS templates; experience evaluating, implementing and working with modern CMS’ and analytics tools
- Working knowledge of responsive design & progressive enhancement principles, working knowledge of object-oriented and server-side scripting languages & frameworks (i.e. PHP).
- High level proficiency with Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, & related CS programs; able to generate quality wireframes, mock-ups, and web-compatible designs
Previous experience with template-based content management systems required (WordPress)Strong experience with
- Previous experience with other social networking, video streaming, or e-mail vendors an asset
- Knowledge of mobile-first web development and web/native app development for iPhone, Android an asset
- Familiarity with cloud-based tools within Google, TeamWork, etc, ; strong Microsoft Office skills an asset
- Capable of learning quickly and possesses strong desire to keep up with the latest web technologies
- E-commerce experience a plus
Primary Responsibilities – Outlined but not limited to the following:
- Assist with the maintenance, troubleshooting and/or enhancement of all aspects of the company’s online assets including all websites, content management systems, e-mail distribution providers, video content integration, web analytics packages, etc
- Strong experience with Magento understanding Magento code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy and fall back components
- Experience in multi-website, multi-store, multi-lingualm and multi-currency
- Consult with internal stakeholders to define technical requirements and capabilities, produce technical requirement documents, establish user-workflows and provide project schedules to ensure successful and timely delivery of new online products
- Implement online initiatives by employing all phases of the software development lifecycle (design, build, test and maintain)
- Integrate, manage and support relationships with 3rd party application providers (NetSuite etc)
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, relevant APIs, industry best practices and Web usability standards; Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies
- Other duties, tasks, special projects as requested by the Director, Marketing and CEO
We offer a competitive remuneration package inclusive of salary and benefits. Educational assistance is provided in accordance with existing company policy.
Hours of work: Generally Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 5:30pm. Extended hours and weekend may sometimes be required to ensure deadlines are met.